It’s sleeveless season once again! You’re ready to rock that hot new strapless sundress with the perfect sandals, fresh manicure/pedicure, and your hair just right. As you model in front of the mirror feeling and looking fabulous, you can’t help but notice what appears as a 5 o’clock shadow peering from you underarms. Oh no!
Rather than feel self-conscious and/or embarrassed, you opt for a wardrobe change, and the cute sundress is hung back in the closet.
Most of us have faced this dilemma, including myself. Ladies, I’m here to tell you- there is hope! I’ve tried commercial underarm whitening creams that were not effective and contained dangerous chemicals.
There are 5 natural home remedies that I will share with you, which are effective and easy to prepare, and most items you may already have in your cabinets.
Your first step should include the daily use of an exfoliating buffer pad while showering, to thoroughly cleanse the underarm in removing deodorant and dead skin cells. These pads can be found in your local drug or beauty supply stores.
5 Top Natural Home Remedies
- Turmeric Powder: Create a paste using 1 teaspoon lime juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of cucumber juice. Apply to the underarm for 20 minutes daily, then rinse. You’ll notice a difference in a matter of days.
- Baking Soda: Mix baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply to the underarm and leave for 10-15 minutes, then rinse. Baking soda also serves as a natural deodorizer.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be applied using a cotton ball, no need to rinse.
- Potatoes, Cucumber & Lemons: Skin can be lightened by rubbing a lemon, raw potato or cucumber slice, each has a bleaching effect. Just rub it on the darkened skin for 10-15 minutes, then rinse off.
- Natural Waxing: Waxing is a better option to prevent in grown hairs that can result from shaving. Use the following ingredients to make a homemade sugar wax:
- 2 cups of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
Heat all ingredients until the mixture starts to caramelize. Caution: Allow mixture to cool to room temperature to avoid burns to the skin. This option should only be used by those experienced with home waxing. Some underarm discoloration may result from medical conditions that should be examined and treated by a medical professional.
About Ava Marie
I am an optimist and dream achiever. My mission is to empower women to believe in their dreams and life passions, by learning to embrace and self-love inside out. I am a candidate for a M.F.A. in Creative Writing and Publishing. My passions are creative writing, living a healthy lifestyle, and life coaching other women in helping them to “rise-above” life’s challenges and obstacles to become dream achiever’s.