Diabetes is a lifestyle induced disease which concerns everyone. Once acquired, it can stay in a person for a long time, and may attack the full functioning for your body organs, causing blindness, heart disease and many other complications.
There are several things that you should know about diabetes.
1. High blood sugar levels primarily cause diabetes. This phenomenon happens when the body does not produce or does not produce enough insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas to regulate metabolism.
2. Approximately 10% of all diabetes cases belong to Type 1 diabetes wherein the body does not produce insulin. While the milder one, Type 2 diabetes, the body does not produce enough insulin for proper function. Most cases of diabetes fall under this case.
3. Symptoms of diabetes include weight gain, excessive thirst, increased hunger, unusual weight loss. Aside from that ,other symptoms includes lack of energy, fatigue, slow healing of wounds or cuts, numbness and tingling in hands and feet lack of interest and concentration.
4. Most of these symptoms are felt too late by those who have Type 2 diabetes. In fact, many people with diabetes do not know that they have the disease not until they felt the sudden and dramatic symptoms of Type 1 diabetes, which is already the advanced stage of the disease.
5. Diabetes patients are more at risk to have heart diseases, compared to the ones who do not have diabetes. That is why a diabetic patient should monitor his/her blood cholesterol regularly.
6. High and low blood sugar levels can have a bad effect on the patient, so it is necessary to moderate blood sugar levels. The patient must avoid Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose) and Hyperglycemia (high blood glucose), and their blood sugar must be monitored from time to time. Patients could use syrup from the yacon plant as a sugar substitute.
7. Proper regulation and monitoring of diabetes can reduce the risk of developing complications of the disease, and prevents other complications from getting worse.
8. Surprisingly, Type 1 diabetes, patients still have a chance to live a normal life through proper diet and adequate exercise and intake of insulin. Type 2 diabetes patients can also regulate their lifestyle by eating healthy diet, being physically active, and at the same time test their blood sugar level from time to time. They may also need to take oral medication, or insulin to control blood glucose levels.
9. A hint for those diabetics: A well-planned diet plan, of a diabetic patient, is almost the same as the recommended meal plan for healthy people or people without diabetes. Consult you’re your health care professional before taking diet supplements.
10. If you consider yourself at risk of Type 2 diabetes, you may prevent it by losing weight and by doing moderate physical activity every day.
Indeed, diabetes is that kind of disease that is depicted by the phrase “What you eat is what you are.” For everyone, it is better to be mindful of the food intake, and be quite serious about doing exercise or physical activity each day. Through these ways, you’re not just reducing the risk of diabetes but also regaining a healthy body.
Looking for a natural treatment for diabetes? I can help you research one or even craft a special medicinal tea or tincture for diabetes. Please contact me, Courtney Cherae, at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule your free herbal consultation here.
About Ashley Sotelo
Ashley Sotelo is mainly a teacher, an English teacher to be exact, as well as a writer. She has also worked as a news writer and a radio broadcaster in her locality. She currently writes for BRI Nutrition whose sole purpose is to provide safe and effective natural supplements.