I love the vast benefits that come from the use of coconut oil, and want to share with you the nutritional value, and natural beauty remedies that you can use with this product.
I stand by my favorite brand – Trader Joe’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
Here are few easy and inexpensive nutritional and beauty benefits of coconut oil:
Nutritional value: 1 tbsp. of coconut oil contains 120 calories and 14 g fat-13 saturated, compared to 1 tbsp. of olive oil, which contains 120 calories and 14 g fat -2 saturated.
- Cooking and Baking – substitute for butter, sautéing or oven roasted veggies, scrambled eggs whites, and muffins.
- Green smoothies:
- 2 cups kale, fresh
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Body Lotion – add fragrant oils such as lavender, or rub on naturally does not leave a heavy coconut scent, and absorbs quickly.
- Deep Hair Conditioner/Mask – for all hair types. Rub into hair scalp, cover 30-45 minutes and apply heat (sunlight, hair dryer). Shampoo and Condition as usual. Excellent use for pre-treating hair before getting into ocean water.
- Hair Tamer – for curly hair, use a leave in conditioner controls and defines curls
- Toothpaste – (mix all ingredients below and store in a sealed tight jar)
- 2 6 tbsp. coconut oil
- 6 tbsp. baking soda
- 2 25 drops essential oil (peppermint, grapefruit or you preference)
- 2 1 tsp. stevia (add more as needed to sweeten to your liking)
- Facial Moisturizer
- Eye Makeup Remover
The uses for coconut oil are endless. Trader Joe’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil averages at about $8.00 for a 160z. jar (catch it on sale at about $5.50). I keep a jar in my pantry for cooking, and a jar in my bathroom for daily skin and hair application.
Pick up a jar or two today, and begin to experience an inexpensive healthy option for your whole body, inside-out!