Guest Blogger topics
If you’re inspired to write articles concerning alternative healthcare, meditation, exercise, cultural issues, and more, then Holistic Ebony is definitely the place where you can display your talents!
What Are We Looking For?
- We try to give our readers content about wellness that is informative, inspiring, and entertaining.
- We are interested in helpful posts with actionable tips or surprising facts, such as “10 Reasons Why You Need to Meditate,” or “5 Tips for Your First Yoga Class.”
- We also love personal stories about your wellness journey. Did you discover that you’re allergic to wheat late in life? Did yoga save you from domestic violence? Share your story with readers!
- We also love recipes. If you’re submitting a recipe, please be sure to include (1) how many servings it will yield; (2) a full list of ingredients; and (3) a short introductory paragraph about why you like that particular dish or why you think it’s worth making.
- We want to create awareness with cultural issues articles. Examples include articles about the lack of access to fresh foods in poor neighborhoods or the links between African American obesity rates and cultural norms.
Blog post content
- Content must be guest blogger’s own original work and not published anywhere else online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. When quoting others, please site your sources accordingly.
- Once you’ve submitted your post to us you may not publish this post anywhere else online (not on your own website or blog or anyone else’s).
- Please keep your submission between 200 – 1,000 words.
Holistic Ebony welcomes images and/or video to accompany guest blog posts. Holistic Ebony prefers that images you provide are directly relevant to the post content.
- If you’re including pictures of people, please make sure you have their permission to use them.
- If you’re borrowing an image we require proper attribution to the creator of the image.
- Maximum image size: 8MB
- Holistic Ebony is pleased to give you credit as the author of your post. We allow 1 link in your byline which will be displayed at the bottom of the page below your guest blog post. This may not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site.
- We don’t allow links to your site within the post content unless it is directly related to the topic.
- You may include SEO’d anchor tags to sites that are relevant to your post.
- Excessive links or any links that appear spammy will be removed.
- Holistic Ebony reserves the right to make edits to the piece where necessary to ensure the blog stays congruous with our values. Prior to publication of your guest blog post we will make sure you agree with these changes.
- If a guest post is inappropriate or needs improvement we’ll let you know and offer suggestions so that we can publish it in the future.
- Holistic Ebony reserves the right to refuse publication, remove blog content and change these guidelines as we see fit.
Sound good? Please email us the following if you’re ready to submit your post:
- Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email or in a word document.
- Any relevant images for your post (please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc) with links to original source if you do not own the image rights.
- Your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your site, Facebook, Twitter, pages.
- A headshot or photo of you you’d like us to use for you bio.
- All of the above can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please keep in mind that if your post is accepted it might require editing which can include copy, title, and image changes. By submitting to Holistic Ebony you acknowledge that you accept any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the Holistic Ebony’s editorial team.