If you’re inspired to write articles concerning alternative healthcare, meditation, exercise, cultural issues, and more, then Holistic Ebony is definitely the place where you can display your talents! Send us an inquiry or your article to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our staff and guest bloggers are committed to providing our readers and subscribers with insightful information to help them embrace a healthier lifestyle. Here’s some things we’re looking for:
- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 250-800 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible, and generally positive. Take a look around to draw some inspiration.
- Original Content: Please submit posts that are unique and original. We do not accept posts that have already been published elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- Acceptance: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences. We want to build a community with you geared toward empowering our readers with health-conscious information.
- Please review our terms and conditions for guest blogging. By submitting your articles you acknowledge that you accept our terms and conditions, including any form of editing that might occur on behalf of Holistic Ebony’s editorial staff.
What Are We Looking For?
- We try to give our readers content about wellness that is informative, inspiring, and entertaining.
- We are interested in helpful posts with actionable tips or surprising facts, such as “10 Reasons Why You Need to Meditate,” or “5 Tips for Your First Yoga Class.”
- We also love personal stories about your wellness journey. Did you discover that you’re allergic to wheat late in life? Did yoga save you from domestic violence? Share your story with readers!
- We also love recipes. If you’re submitting a recipe, please be sure to include (1) how many servings it will yield; (2) a full list of ingredients; and (3) a short introductory paragraph about why you like that particular dish or why you think it’s worth making.
- We want to create awareness with cultural issues articles. Examples include articles about the lack of access to fresh foods in poor neighborhoods or the links between African American obesity rates and cultural norms.
Guidelines & Tips:
- Only one space after a period when beginning a new sentence.
- Please send your post in the body of the message. (That means, if you’re using Word, for example, you’d paste the Word document into your email.)
- Personalization is always great.
- Once your posts go live, please share with your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media you use. The more people who view your post, the better is it for you and the better it is for Holistic Ebony. If your post performs extremely well and become a regular contributor (one post a week)!
Sound good? Please email us the following if you’re ready to submit your post:
- Your full post with a working title. Please send this within the body of an email or in a word document.
- Any relevant images for your post (please send as separate files, not pasted within a doc) with links to original source if you do not own the image rights.
- Your brief bio (less than 120 words) with links to your site, Facebook, Twitter, pages.
- A headshot or photo of you you’d like us to use for you bio.
- All of the above can be sent to email@example.com
- Please keep in mind that if your post is accepted it might require editing which can include copy, title, and image changes. By submitting to Holistic Ebony you acknowledge that you accept any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the Holistic Ebony’s editorial team.